Can you spare a bit of your time this summer?
We'll be hosting another Festival of Archaeology from Saturday 13 - Sunday 28 July and we need volunteers to help throughout the festival.
We have a range of jobs (stewarding, leading craft sessions etc) and we are looking for a wide range of volunteers to help us.
Each day will have different activities and there will be different things that you can get involved with.
Why get involved?
We have lots of activities for you to get involved with that might help you for future employment.
- Are you a student looking for work experience?
- Are you hoping to work in the arts and heritage sector, with families and young children or at large scale events?
We'd love to hear from you for whatever reason you'd like to volunteer, we can help with activities to boost your CV.
If you are DBS checked then please let us know in your email.
How to get involved?
- Sign up to Volunteer Makers.
- Accept this challenge.
- Nicola and Tia will get in contact with you to ask for a brief CV and talk through the range of activities to ensure you volunteer for the most suited roles throughout the festival.
Logging your time
Don't forget to log your time on Volunteer Makers when you volunteer with us!
Login to Volunteer Makers
Click on the purple tab called ‘Accepted Challenges.’ and you will see the list of challenges you have signed up to
You can add a new entry by selecting the date you volunteered and how much time you volunteered for (eg. Typing ‘0.5’ for half an hour ‘1’ for an hour etc)
Click ‘submit’ and that time is now logged on Volunteer Maker.
Download the guide to Logging your time [pdf].
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Social Media
- Working with Children 0-5yrs
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Working with Young People
- Creative and Arts
- Event & Project Management
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection