Choose your favourite object or painting from our collection that is on display in the VG&M, research the item and then give a short talk to members of the public on a specific date.
We've allocated up to 7 hours worth of volunteering time to this challenge for your research and your talk which is why this is a 'give a day' challenge. Please log all your time on your dashboard when you are researching and when you present your talk.
Step 1. Choose the object or painting from our collection that is currently on display.
Check out the VG&M website to make sure that the object will be on display when you plan your talk (our special exhibitions have limited dates).
Exhibitions, Events & Tours - Victoria Gallery & Museum - University of Liverpool
Step 2. Research the item and prepare a word document with the notes that you plan to talk about. You can send them to us via email and let us know which object you'd like to talk about. We'll then arrange a date and time for your talk.
Email email@example.com with the heading 'Spotlight Talk'
Step 3. On the designated date & time give a short talk (15-20 minutes) to members of the public at the VG&M.
Why get involved?
This volunteering position is a great opportunity to expand skills relating to research, communication, events and public speaking. It's a great chance to share what you have learnt with members of the public and provide an additional event to the VG&M programme.
How to get involved?
1. Sign up to this challenge
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you've decided on your chosen object (this is so that we don't have any duplicates during the year).
3. Begin your research and send it to us once you're finished.
We've allocated 7 hours worth of volunteering time to this challenge for your research and your talk which is why this is a 'give a day' challenge.
4. Let us know what days/times are suitable for your talk- we'd like this to be a flexible volunteering position and for your talk to be on a date and time that works for your schedule. We're open Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 5pm (with last entry to galleries at 4:30pm). We'll confirm the date and time via email.
5. Help us to promote the talk on social media, you can follow the VG&M on multiple platforms and share any posts and events that we post to your followers.
6. Present your talk to your audience!
7. Don't forget - Please log all your time on your Volunteer Maker challenge dashboard when you are researching and when you present your talk. For example if you do an hours research on the 5th October, please log the amount of time and the date that you did your research. You can also do all of your research in one day if that is more convenient.
- Customer Service
- Social Media
- Working independently
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Marketing and communications
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection