If you love films and can spare a few hours once at month on a Saturday to assist at our Family Film Screening, then this is the opportunity for you!
We're looking for a small group of volunteers to assist in the Leggate Lecture Theatre and stay in this room during the film screening.
The films start at 2:30pm and will finish before 4:30pm. Hours may vary slightly depending on the length of the film - but this role will be for approximately 3 hours for each event.
You will be part of a small team on a rota basis but may be asked to cover at short notice if another member of the group cannot attend the film.
- Be available once a month on a Saturday afternoon (on a rota basis).
- Arrive at the VG&M at 2:00pm and report to the visitor services team.
- Set up the film in the Leggate Lecture Theatre (training will be provided).
- Count in all visitors to the film & record the numbers.
- Provide the safety briefing to the audience before the film starts.
- Stay in the room during the film to assist with health and safety.
- At the end of the event: put away the beanbags and close the Leggate theatre, check the toilets are clear and report back to reception with visitor numbers.
- Log your hours each time you volunteer on your Volunteer Maker Dashboard.
Why get involved?
This gives experience in a visitor services role and also assisting with family events within a museum setting.
It's great experience for your CV if you are looking to volunteer for only a few hours each month or every few months.
How to get involved?
Once you sign up to this challenge you will be contacted by a member of our team and training and an induction will be arranged.