In 2020 museums and galleries across the UK had to close their doors due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Instead of being surrounded by amazing objects and artworks and meeting and talking to our fantastic visitors, staff were sent home tasked with working virtually and finding new ways to stay connected to our audiences.
While this was difficult at first as we all learned to adjust, we realised that home really is where our heart is and being surrounded by our own objects and artworks made us realise that every object really does have a story to tell.
We created an online padlet to show the items that were important to VG&M staff and we would like to find out what yours are so that we can create a virtual gallery of these items to share.
Take photos of your own collection at home, upload them to our padlet and tell us a little bit of information about them.
We wold like to share some of these stories and collections on the VG&M social media channels.
Why get involved?
Be part of our online story and become a curator at home. This is a chance to share with us and other visitors around the world what is important to you and what amazing things you have in your own collection.
How to get involved?
1. Sign up to this challenge - just click the blue accept button below.
2. Visit our ‘Precious to Me’ padlet to get some ideas and see what Staff and Volunteers at the VG&M have chosen for their own collection -
3. Then simply upload a photo and tell us all about it in a short paragraph and submit to the padlet board for everyone to see. Don't forget to add your name!
4. Don't forget to mark this challenge as complete so that your hours are logged!
- Design & Illustration
- Computers and Technology
- Creative and Arts
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection